Sunday, September 20, 2009

My latest project

Hi all, I have been busy with my latest project. A hooked rug. This is my fish or really my grandsons. He is my first attempt at designing. I was involved in a rug swap and I wanted it to be special and fun. I really enjoyed matching all the colors to go with him. I hope you enjoy him to. His name is Herbert.

This is the outline of my fish and the seweeds and coral. I also added a few air bubbles for movement. I like to think It worked.

This is my fish. I made him two toned. It was as close as I could get to the color of my real fish.


Here is my fish with some background hooked in along with some details done. My initials and the date.



Here I have pressed the front and back of my fish. You do this step after you have finished all the patteren and getting ready to whip. You wet a towel and press your rug, front and back, then you let it set overnight .




This is when I got him pined up and ready to whip. I put cording in and and wrapped the backing around the cording.





This is my finished fish. He was my first design. I was very pleased with the out come.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi lady!
Why haven't you posted for so long? I like the way you showed the steps you took to make your sweet fish mat. The colors are nice and you did a good job on the binding. Miss you! What are you working on? Merry Christmas!!!
Lauri

spring songs


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones